This 5-day course provides Supervisors with the skills and knowledge to perform supervisor duties in line with the current New Roads and Street Works (NRSWA) Act to safeguard themselves and others.
On successful completion of this course, you will receive certification from SQA and will be entered on the Street Works Qualification Register gaining a street works card valid for 5 years.
Candidates will cover:
- 001 – Location of underground apparatus
- 010 – Monitoring Signing, lighting and guarding
- 011 – Monitoring Excavation in the highway
- 012 – Monitoring Reinstatement of compaction and backfill materials
- 013 – Monitoring Reinstatement of sub-base and road base non-bituminous materials
- 014 – Monitoring Reinstatement in bituminous materials
- 016 – Monitoring Reinstatement of modular surfaces and concrete footways
Candidates will be able to: