Congratulations to Angela Blakesley, our HSQE Advisor for recently gaining a qualification from MHFA England to deliver Mental Health First Aid training.
Mental Health First Aid England are the only licensed provider of mental health courses within the UK.
Angela has just co-delivered the first course with Russell Bradshaw from RSS Infrastructure.
The course takes place over 2 days and is split up into 4 sessions.
- Why Mental Health First Aid?
- The action plan
- What is mental health?
- Impact of mental health issues
- Stigma and discrimination
- What is depression?
- Symptoms of depression
- Risk factors for depression
- Depression in the workplace
- Suicide figures
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- First aid for suicide crisis
- Non-judgemental listening skills
- First aid for depression
- Treatment and resources for depression
- What is an anxiety disorder?
- First aid for anxiety disorders
- Crisis first aid after a traumatic event
- Alcohol, drugs and anxiety orders
- Treatment and resources for anxiety disorders
- Cognitive distortions and CBT
- Personality disorders
- Eat disorders
- What is psychosis?
- Risk factors for psychosis
- Alcohol, drugs and psychosis
- Bipolar disorder
- Warning signs of developing psychosis
- Crisis first aid for acute psychosis
- Treatment and resources for psychosis
- Recovering and building resources
- Action planning for using MHFA
To book a place or to find out more information click here or contact us on 01773 304060